Tremella fuciformus grows in the tropics on dead broad-leaf trees. It is white and has a jelly-like texture forming a shape like a giant snowflake - hence the name 'snow fungus' has become the common term for it. It is also known as; silver ear mushroom, Yin Er, white Jelly leaf.
It has a long history of usage as a culinary delicacy in China and Japan and it's common usage is for skin care.
It is believed in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to benefit the lungs, stomach, brain and kidneys. Tremella has also undergone further study in China during the 1990's. T.fuciformus has been shown to protect the immune system against damage from radiation. (1)(2)(3) Also as an anti-ageing remedy (4) and helps the brain by stimulating neurological regrowth and neurone growth of PC12 cells (5) and assists in circulation disorders. Polysaccharides have been shown to stimulate DNA synthesis in vascular endothelial cells, the dysfunction of which is a major factor in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, hypertension and thrombophlebitis. (6)
- Antioxidant rich
- Vitamin D
Why Hybrid Herbs?
10:1 High Potency Extract: We take ten pounds of the highest quality whole tremella mushrooms and concentrate them into one pound of powder for a super potent extract
Ready to Use: You can instantly add the powder to your favourite teas, smoothies and foods without any further preparation
100% Natural: Our tremella mushroom is 100% Natural, without anything added, plus It has a sweet, delicious taste, just as nature intended
Economical: You only need to use half to one teaspoon for each serving, which makes each bag extremely economical and efficient.
- Effect of Tremella polysaccharide on IL-2 production by mouse splenocytes. Ma L, Lin ZB. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 1992;27(1):1-4.
- Effects of Tremella polysaccharides on immune function in mice. Xia D, Lin ZB. Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao. 1989;10(5):453-7.
- Antitumour activity on sarcoma 180 of the polysaccharides from Tremella fuciformis Berk. Ukai S, Hirose K, Kiho T, Hara C, Irikura T. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1972;20(10):2293-4.
- Tremella fuciformis (Shirokikurage) polysaccharide. Ahashi Y, Yamamoto Y. Fragrance Journal. 2005;33,3:45-50.
- Long-Term Regeneration and Functional Recovery of a 15mm Critical Nerve Gap Bridged by Tremella fuciformis PolysaccharideImmobilized Polylactide Conduits. Hsu SH, Chan SH, Weng CT, Yang SH, Jiang CF. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. Epub 2013 Aug 21.
- Medicinal value of the genus Tremella Pers. (Heterobasidiomycetes) (Review). Reshetnikov SV, Wasser SP, Duckman I, andTsukor K. 2000.IntJ Med Mushr. 2000;2:345-367.